• Kiwi bird

    Cartoon Kiwi bird

    Did you eat your Kiwi today?

  • Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 121 other followers

  • blog expat
  •  Living in New Zealand
  • Advertisements

Second Step to Immigration to NZ – Register with Teachers Council

Relevant Website: http://www.teacherscouncil.govt.nz/registration/how/eligibility/

Objective: Register with NZTC in order to continue immigration process.

Documents Required: No photocopies, everything must be original.

  • FBI records (get 2 you will not get this back, but you need it in the future as well) It took about a month to receive these from the FBI.
  • College Transcripts AND diploma
  • Teaching certification
  • Employment records (If you’re a teacher you will use submit this many times during the immigration process so have the schools give you two if possible)
  • On school letterhead, starting date, finishing date, fulltime/part-time, short description of job, and a statement that you have/haven’t taken long leave of absents

Submit Date: Mailed application Late March 2009.

Finish Date: June 8, 2009 I received a package in the mail with my registration and a second package a few days later with my registration card.

Notes: Your teaching registration is not subject specific. Unlike many states in the U.S. you do not need to be certified for each subject. For example, a social studies teacher can teach math. I received a provisional cert. expiring June 2012.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: